A support association was founded in Germany in 2021 to sponsor Artsy Africa Academy ltd.
Funding Network Afrika e.V.
German: Förderungsnetzwerk Afrika e.V.
§ 1 Name and Seat
(1) The name of the Association shall be “Förderungsnetzwerk Afrika”.
(2) The Association shall be entered in the Register of Associations in order to preserve its legal capacity. From the time of registration it shall bear the suffix “eingetragener Verein” (registered association) in the abbreviated form “e.V.”.
(3) The registered office of the Association is in Nuremberg (Germany).
(4) The business year is the calendar year.
§ 2 Purpose of the Association
(1) The purpose of the Association is the promotion of development policy objectives in the sense of § 52 (2) No.15 AO, charitable purposes in the sense of § 53 AO as well as the financial and strategic support of small and medium-sized development projects in Africa.
(2) The purpose of the statutes shall be realised by raising funds through donations, contributions, apportionments, grants, other allowances and other generated surpluses and profits as well as by forwarding them for the promotion of the tax-privileged purposes in the sense of paragraph 1. In doing so, the association shall fulfil its task with the following measures, among others:
- Ensuring the financing of projects that contribute to the purpose of the non-profit organisation.
- Assumption of school fees for orphans to enable them access to education.
- Assumption of tuition fees for socially disadvantaged students.
- Building and imparting competence in the field of creative industries (theatre, art, music, etc.).
- Building social entrepreneurship approaches that provide local solutions to local problems.
- Financial support for development projects.
- Idea and strategy development for specific problem areas (e.g. new projects, project planning, preparation of business plans).
- Promotion and implementation of projects, as well as creation of learning places for the formation of development policy knowledge, worldwide.
- Promotion and implementation of projects, initiatives, actions and campaigns to raise awareness of global developments for sustainable changes in behaviour and attitudes.
The work of the association shall be non-denominational as well as politically neutral and serve the common good. The offer is to take place via subsistence assistance locally, concretely and directly – worldwide. Through knowledge transfer, support is also to be offered for the economically independent development of projects, mainly in developing countries, with the aim of sustainable economic development, prosperity and employment for all. To this end, investments are to be made above all in perspectives for Africa’s youth and women. This results in an effective reduction of the causes of flight to Europe, which also has a positive influence on the welfare of the community in Germany.
(3) The association is selflessly active; it does not primarily pursue its own economic purposes.
(4) The funds of the Association may only be used for the purposes set out in the Statutes. Members shall not receive any benefits from the Association’s funds. No person may be favoured by expenses that are alien to the purpose of the association or by disproportionately high remuneration.
(5) The Association is politically and denominationally neutral.
§ 3 Non-profit character
The Association shall exclusively pursue non-profit purposes within the meaning of the section “Tax-privileged purposes” of the German Tax Code. In its capacity as a support association in the sense of § 58 of the German Fiscal Code (AO), it shall use the funds at its disposal exclusively for the promotion of the tax-privileged institution named in § 2 of the statutes (or for the promotion of the tax-privileged purposes of the registered association named in § 2 of the statutes).